Friday, September 24, 2010

Who are you as a designer?

As a child i read, went to school, played the piano and played on the farm. I had a very hard childhood in most peoples eyes as i grew up losing everyone i loved, this has helped as a designer, because i can know look deep into something, study it; its way for me to forget about the past and just think about what i can be doing for the future.

All i knew until i came to university was the farm and small schools, like primary schools no bigger that 80 students and a high school with less than 500. This has had a huge influence on my life as I did not have many choices on who to make friends with, so I got to know everyone, learn about their different cultures, where they came from and what they do now. Being brought up on a farm with the dairy industry forming in my district, i have meet many different cultures who want to learn the art of farming.

Everything in a persons life happens for a reason, i believe this very heavily, so my design has the influence of farming, mechanics and the people i knew or know now. We are a small country and need all the help we can get for the future and as designer i want to make the easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment